Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Orecchiette

I pulled everything out of my pantry today, painted the walls a lovely orange and the shelves white.  After putting everything back it was already 6pm.  My plans for dinner tonight involved making a pizza dough, which I didn't accomplish today.  So, a change of plans.  I couldn't find broccoli rabe at the grocery store, so again, a change of plans.  This was good.  It was also very quick.  It may be Italian, but I don't think they would ever eat a big bowl of pasta for the main course.  But a one pot meal was what I was looking for.

Orechiette with chicken, tomato and ricotta.

Bring a pot of water to boil.  Salt.  Cook orechiette until al dente.

Season small chunks of chicken breast with dried thyme and dried parsley, salt and pepper.  Cook in a little olive oil.  Set aside.

In a bowl, dice 2 pounds tomatoes.  Add 2 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper. 

In a small food processor add 1 cup ricotta, 1/2 cup basil, 1 tbsp olive oil and salt and pepper.  Process until smooth.

Add the ricotta mix and the chicken to the tomatoes, along with the orechiette.  Garnish with sliced basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment