Friday, August 24, 2012

Another sick day, and boys choice

Sanford is still sick, so I made him a version my mom's potato soup in the pressure cooker.  I am blogging the recipe mainly so I can do again in the future.

Pressure Cooker Potato Soup

Saute 1 large chopped onion and 3 celery stalks in 2 tbsp butter.  Add 1 1/2 pounds peeled, chopped potatoes and 5 cups chicken broth, 1 tsp dried thyme, ground pepper.  Cover, bring to pressure.  Cook for 5 min at pressure.  Quick cool to release pressure.  Season with salt to taste.


Also, per our earlier agreement, the boys get to choose one non Med dinner per week.  They, being good American boys, chose hamburgers and mac and cheese, green beans.  The hamburgers were basic grass fed beef seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked on the flat top.

Mac and cheese.

Boil noodles.  I used left over orecchiette noodles from the other night. 

Melt 3 tbsp butter.  Add 3 tbsp flour.  Stir and cook 2 minutes.  Add 1 1/2 cup milk (I used skim), salt, pepper and a little nutmeg.  Whisk.  Cook until thickened, about 10 min.  Remove from heat, stir in 2 cups cheese ( I used sharp cheddar).  Stir in noodles.


The boys ate it in about 5 minutes, then out to a movie.  Glad dinner was quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment