Friday, July 5, 2013

CORN DOGS


Another recipe from Street Food.  Looking at the recipe today, I realize that I changed some of the ratios.  This might have been related to the cocktails I had earlier at the pool.  These were awesome and I am not a giant corn dog fan.  This is not the healthiest cookbook, but it has been fun so far.  Since we have a vat of canola oil, expect more fried food over the next couple of days.

CORN DOGS

Cut hot dogs in half.  (I suggest hebrew national hot dogs)  Soak wooden skewers for 30 minutes.  Meanwhile mix together 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal and 1/4 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 tsp each salt and baking soda.  In another bowl mix together 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1 egg.  Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until smooth.  Heat 2 inches of canola or peanut oil in a deep skillet to 375 degrees.  Dip hot dogs on sticks into batter and fry until golden.  Drain on paper towels or newpaper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment