Sunday, January 15, 2012

Perfect Potatoes

Ok, so I might be going a little nuts with this pressure cooker.  I bought another one, smaller, so I have more options.  This morning I decided to pressure cook some potatoes. Here's what I did:

Wash and chop 3 medium sized red potatoes.  Put one cup water in the pressure cooker.  Place steamer basket in the cooker and put the potatoes in it.  Close the lid.  Turn heat to high.  When the regulator starts to rock, adjust the heat to keep it rocking steadily and set the timer for 3 minutes.  Place cooker in the sink and run cold water over until the pressure drops.  (This took about 30 sec.  At this point the potatoes are completely cooked.  The texture would be perfect to let them cool and make potato salad.)  Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan.  Add the potatoes with salt, pepper, and parsley.  Let the potatoes brown.  These are the best potatoes I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment