Tuesday, July 19, 2011

unsuccessful day in the kitchen

I'm not going to bother with a recipe for these souffles. They tasted way to eggy and were too dense.  I'll try again and post the recipe if I'm successful!

I'm not sure if the problem with this dinner was the recipe or the freakishly large chicken parts we bought.  (recipe from The Paris Cookbook)  The chicken had did have a nice flavor, so it might be worth trying on a regular size bird.  Mix 2 tbsp dijon and 1 tbsp stone ground dijon and rub all over chicken.  Beat 2 eggs.  Dip chicken in egg mixture, cover with bread crumbs.  (I added quartered onions because I love them).  Dot with 3 tbsp butter.  Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.  (Ours took nearly an hour, there wasn't much to baste with.  We ended up pouring white wine in the bottom of the roasting pan.)  Place chicken on rack to crisp.  (also not part of the recipe, we then put the roasting pan on the stove, added chicken broth and white wine to make a sauce for the egg noodles.)

No comments:

Post a Comment