Friday, November 4, 2011

Vegetable curry and pork chops.

Tonight, I didn't want to go to the store, so I made do with what I had.  It was pretty good.  The pork chops were a little on the thin side.  I coated them in a mixture of bread crumbs, ground coriander, ground cumin and salt.  Then pan fried them in a little oil.  I served it with a vegetable curry (that I made up), rice, flatbread and chutney and yogurt.

The curry:  Heat 3 tbsp oil.  Add 1 tbsp cumin seeds and a pinch of asafetida.  Add 2 chopped onions, 3 diced red potatoes and 4 sliced and peeled carrots.  Cook until almost tender.  Add 6 garlic cloves, 1 inch ginger and 2 serrano peppers chopped in a mini food processor.  Cook 2 minutes.  Add 3 chopped tomatoes, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp coriander and 2 tsp cumin.  Add salt to taste.  Add 1/2 can coconut milk.  Simmer until tender.  Add 1 can rinsed white beans.  Add 1 cup frozen peas.  Heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment