Thursday, May 23, 2013

Chicken Paillards

Chicken Paillards with pancetta

This is based on a recipe from Ted Allen's In My Kitchen.  I really like this cookbook, so much in fact that I ordered it after I made his no knead bread.  It was delicious.  This was also good.  Sanford wants to try it with pork loin next, but I liked it with chicken.  He has a prejudice, maybe rightfully so, against boneless, skinless chicken breast.

Pound out 4 chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thick.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Beat one egg and brush the chicken with it.  Place 2 sage leaves on top and cover with one thin slice of pancetta.  Put in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until ready to use.  Heat pan for about 5 min.  Add 2 tbsp olive oil.  Cook pancetta side down for 4-5 min or until crisp, turn and cook another couple of minutes.  I placed it in a 200 degree oven to finish cooking while I made the sauce.  Add 1 tbsp butter.  Then add 1 minced shallot.  Cook until soft.  Add 1 tbsp flour.  Cook, stirring, a couple of minutes.  Add 1/2 tsp thyme leaves and 1/4 cup white wine.  Cook a few minutes, stirring.  Add 1 cup chicken broth and 4 chopped sage leaves.  Cook until thickened.  Serve chicken on a pool of sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment