Friday, March 8, 2013

Ribollita

I realized that when I made ribollita earlier in the year, I posted a picture, but no recipe.  I checked out "Essentials of Italian", found the recipe and I am making it again now.  Now I will post the recipe, so I don't have to go back to the library.

Ribollita:

Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a large pot.  Add 1 chopped yellow onion, 2 chopped and peeled carrots, and 1 chopped celery rib.  Saute 4 minutes.  Add 1 cup coarsely chopped cauliflower.  Stir.  Add, stirring after each addition, 1 bunch sliced kale, 1 bunch sliced Swiss chard, 2 chopped zucchini, 1 large peeled and diced boiling potato.  Stir.  Add 3-4 cups cooked white beans.  Stir.  Add 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley, 1/2 tsp dried sage, and 1 tsp dried rosemary.  Add 2 1/2 quarts chicken stock.  Bring to a boil.  Simmer 30 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper. 

Preheat oven to 425.

Ladle enough soup into a 91/2x13 pan to cover bottom.  Top with thinly sliced day old ciabatta.  Add another layer of soup, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, then lay more bread , soup, cheese and repeat for a 3rd layer.

Bake 20 minutes.  Drizzle with olive oil and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment