Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Chicken Musakhan


Chicken Musakhan: Put 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil in pan.  Preheat oven to 350.  Put 6 chicken thighs in pan.  Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sumac, salt and pepper.  Turn several times in pan to coat chicken.   Finely dice 1 cup onion.  Mix with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp sumac, salt and pepper.    Spread this mixture over the chicken.  Bake for 1/2 hour then flip chicken and increase heat to 400 and cook 30 more minutes.  Increase heat to 425 for the last couple of minutes.  Serve with chelo.

So far, I have only found a few things that I love cooking Iranian food.  I really like the chelo kabob.  In fact, I love the rice cooked this way.  Especially with an egg yolk cracked on top and sprinkled with sumac.  So tonight I looked online for a chicken recipe that used sumac.  I found the following recipe on a website called www.wineloverspage.com  It was really delicious!  Absolutely one of my favorites, but when reading the recipe I realized this was a Palestinian recipe.  I also cheated by adding olive oil and vinegar to my salad of diced cucumber, tomato, bulgarian feta and dill.  (We have been cheating the last couple of nights with this salad.  It's great.  I never thought I was much of a dill fan, but I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment